Start Your Own
Starting a chapter will enable you and your colleagues to positively impact your local scientific and business community. Given that OBR is expanding and has a growing number of members from science, business, law and other fields, you will receive a wealth of support and resources from OBR.
Become a Chapter Leader and you will:
- Bring to your university OBR’s mission of facilitating academia industry collaboration and accelerating the next wave of ideas and fostering open-innovation.
- Engage in a dialogue with university students and academia from other campuses, thereby understanding their experiences, challenges, and background.
- Learn the challenges and future of tech transfer from the legal, financial, and industry experts.
- Gain invaluable leadership experience and contacts with various academic and industry experts.
- Check that your campus or city isn’t already been served by an OBR chapter
- Familiarize yourself with OBR’s mission values and programmes
- Become OBR member if you’re not already
- Reach out to your local community to identify the biggest needs and areas of interest
- Identify a potential leadership team and a faculty advisor
- Review Chapter Policies and complete the Chapter Application form