Calling all bio-entrepreneurs
We are looking for ideas for innovative technologies with the potential to deliver meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
OneStart is open to aspiring life science entrepreneurs aged 35 and younger, who are living or working in the UK or Europe (you do not have to be a UK or EU citizen). The competition will be run in stages and covers four tracks: drug discovery, medical devices, diagnostics and health IT. Entrants can join individually or as a team, and are encouraged to recruit other scientists and even business students.
Teams will be given access to mentors and other resources, and have the opportunity to network with leading pharmaceutical companies, venture capitalists and advisory firms. A judging panel of experts will select the ultimate winner. The prize will be awarded to the most compelling idea with the potential to impact the lives of patients.
£100k Cash Prize
- plus Lab Space at Stevenage BioScience Catalyst
- plus 1 year of Membership to various life science business networks in Oxford, Cambridge, London, and Europe
- plus Business and IP Support
Got a team and an idea ready?
Need team members?
Want to join a team?
Dates for your diary
- January 20th: Round 1 submissions open
- February 21st, 11:59 PM GMT: Round 1 submissions close
- March 16th: Biotech Business Bootcamp in London for 35 semi-finalist teams
- April 6th, 11:59 PM GMT: Round 2 submissions due for semi-finalists
- May 16th: Final pitch night for 10 invited finalists in London
About SR One
SR One is the independent corporate venture capital arm of GlaxoSmithKline. The firm invests globally in emerging life science companies that are pursuing innovative science which will significantly impact medical care. Since 1985, SR One has invested in more than 140 companies, and its current portfolio includes approximately 30 private and public companies. For more information, visit: www.srone.com