- Privacy and Usage
- OneStart, the “OneStart”, is a business plan competition that is an initiative of Oxbridge Roundtable Limited (“OBR”) sponsored by SR One Limited (“SR One”). We aim to respect your privacy by not collecting personal information about you that is not voluntarily provided or required to process your application, such as the biographical, email and other contact information you provide during the application process.
- By voluntarily entering the competition, you grant OBR and SR One the right to contact you regarding, but not limited to, updates or progress to the competition, other news, or to ask for your support. If you choose to withdraw your application, or withdraw a member of an entering team, we will remove your, or their, contact information from our records at your request. In this case the team or individual who has been removed will no longer be eligible to participate in any portion of the competition.
- By entering the competition you authorize OBR and/or SR One to use the information provided to us for any marketing and competition purposes.
- Additionally, we may collect certain anonymous (non-personally identifiable) information to help us improve the OneStart website and evaluate the access and use of OneStart materials. For example, we may use web analysis tools that are built into the OneStart website to measure and collect anonymous session information.
- Non-registered individuals and those who do not meet our eligibility requirements are not eligible for OneStart events or awards.
- All applicants (ie. all team members listed on any application) must be less than 36 years of age on the day the application is submitted. Proof of age may be requested by OBR and/or SR One.
- OBR and/or SR One retains the right to refuse eligibility.
- To register for OneStart, applicants are asked to voluntarily provide the following sorts of information (all information must be provided for each team member unless otherwise specified): valid email address, first and last name(s), brief biography, academic or industry affiliation, social media links, and non-confidential summaries of their idea.
OneStart applicants retain all intellectual property rights concerning their proposed idea, pending other agreements entered into voluntarily. However, all applicants agree to allow OBR and/or SR One to use the following aspects of their application for marketing purposes: One Line Pitch, Team Name, The Team. Moreover, participating in OneStart or similar competitions may impact your future ability to protect your innovation. Onestart, OBR and SR One bear no responsibility and offer no guarantees about protecting proprietary or confidential information provided by applicants.
We encourage all participants to check in with their employer or respective university technology transfer office regarding their respective IP policy.
Effectively managing your intellectual property is important to the success of your idea. Your team should consider the goals for your invention and whether it is in your interest to patent the technology.
Here are three basic considerations:
- Background: How strong is the claim to ownership of the technology?
- Proprietorship: Who can claim IP? Who on your team will be is responsible for the innovation, and how will ownership be shared?
- Dissemination: Is a patent necessary to your goals? Is protection of your invention in the best interest of your group?
Creative Commons License
To the extent you post or upload content onto the OneStart website you hereby license, and give your consent for, any and all users of the OneStart website, including without limitation OBR and SR One, to copy, reproduce, display, distribute, and make derivative works of, such content.
You are free:
- To Share – to copy, distribute, and display OneStart content
- To Remix – to make derivative works
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work to the appropriate user or team and to its origination from the OneStart website and include a link to the URL.
- Noncommercial. You may not use work for commercial purposes.
- Share alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this page.
Apart from the remix rights granted under this license, nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author’s moral rights.
Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
Use of OBR and SR One Names
“OBR”, “Oxbridge Biotech Roundable,”, “SR One” and their logos and seals are trademarks of the OBR and SR One, respectively. Except for purposes of attribution as required by our Creative Commons License, you may not use their names or logos, or any variations thereof, without prior written consent. You may not use OBR or SR One’s names in any of their forms nor seals or logos for promotional purposes, or in any way that deliberately or inadvertently claims, suggests, or in OBR or SR One’s, respective, sole judgment gives the appearance or impression of a relationship with or endorsement by OBR and/or SR One.
Interpretation of “Non-commercial”
Non-commercial use means that users may not sell, profit from, or commercialize OneStart materials or works derived from them. The guidelines below are intended to help users determine whether or not their use of OneStart materials would be permitted by OBR and SR One under the “non-commercial” restriction. Note that there are additional requirements (attribution and share-alike) spelled out in our license.
Commercialization is prohibited. Users may not directly sell or profit from OneStart materials or from works derived from OneStart materials. For example: A commercial education or training business may not offer courses based on OneStart materials if students pay a fee for those courses and the business intends to profit as a result.
Determination of commercial vs. non-commercial purpose is based on the use, not the user. Materials may be used by individuals, institutions, governments, corporations, or other business whether for-profit or non-profit so long as the use itself is not a commercialization of the materials or a use that is directly intended to generate sales or profit.
Incidental charges to recover reasonable reproduction costs may be permitted. Recovery of nominal actual costs for copying small amounts (under 1000 copies) of OneStart content on paper or CDs is allowed for educational purposes so long as there is no profit motive and so long as the intended use of the copies is in compliance with all license terms. Students must be informed that the materials are freely available on the OneStart Web site and that their purchase of copied materials is optional.
If you have questions about acceptable use of OneStart materials, please contact us.
OBR and/or SR One will promptly remove any material that is determined to be infringing on the rights of others. If you believe that a portion of OneStart material infringes another’s copyright, contact us by email us at:
If you do not include an electronic signature with your claim, you may be asked to send or fax a follow-up copy with a signature. To file the notification, you must be either the copyright owner of the work or an individual authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. Your notification must include:
Identification of the copyrighted work, or, in the case of multiple works at the same location, a representative list of such works at that site.
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. You must include sufficient information, such as a specific URL or other specific identification, for us to locate the material.
Information for us to be able to contact the claimant (e.g., email address, phone number).
A statement that the claimant believes that the use of the material has not been authorized by the copyright owner or an authorized agent.
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that the claimant is, or is authorized to act on behalf of, the copyright owner.
If you have questions about this privacy and usage policy or the use and disclosure of the information on this site, please contact: email@example.com.
By registering for OneStart you voluntarily agree with the terms of this policy and to use the information on this site only to support the purposes and aims of OneStart;
By registering on the OneStart website you also consent to:
The collection, processing, use and disclosure of the information about you described in this policy, for the purposes and by and to the individuals and organizations described in this policy.
ConsultingInnovative Business Consulting
OBR-Consulting is a unique platform to meet the growing need for consultancy at the intersection of science, business and entrepreneurship.Learn more